Friday 17 February 2012

Loyalty in Telecoms - O2 and 6 Nations Rugby

 
 




Now, we all know that England are going to get a proper Welsh-style bumming (is that appropriate vocab for the blog???) when they meet in a week or so’s time but that hasn’t stopped proud England sponsors O2 from doing their best to leverage the occasion to drive awareness of their ‘Priority’ rewards scheme.

I got a text on my phone telling me about an offer and directing to the website. I liked the offer and went to the site – I was activated! So far so good telecom boys.

Now, having been to the site and knowing a thing or three about rewards schemes, I’m having a mixed reaction to this. I love the ‘get a free pint & pie’ idea so I can sit in front of the telly, getting fat and drunk on O2’s money. It’s the only time I’d drink Greene Kind so it works for them too. And the pie people I suppose. (‘Pie People’ makes them sound a bit like Morlocks – perhaps they are? That would be good).

I’m less of a fan of the scheme in general however – largely because the wesbite is so dull looking and I have to do all the hard yards looking round it to find out what the rewards are that are available to me as an O2 customer. With a very low boredom threshold, I very quickly get to ‘sod this, the rewards probably aren’t worth it anyway’ and click off the site and go back to work. And who knows? They might not be. But then again, O2 have lots of sponsorship properties that I am interested in – music and sport being just two.

But then I would never know as I have be so thoroughly de-activated by the website.

Oh well.

Matt

http://www.o2priority.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment