Monday 12 March 2012

Hailo cab

Activated by a cabbie
I had a lovely chat with a cabbie the other day who was raving about about this brilliant new service: Hailo Cab.  He was so enthusiastic I had to check it out:



























Essentially it's an app you download to your Android/iPhone and in just 2 taps you can order a black cab.  It works via GPS to notify your nearest Hailo cab driver of your location.  A countdown clock then appears so you can see when he'll arrive and you get his photo and reg number.  You can even press the call button to be connected directly to your driver.  Pay by cash or card, either way a receipt is emailed directly to you.  And as they're required to wait 5 min for you -without the meter running - no more standing on the street in the rain waiting for a cab, just find somewhere dry to wait!

I haven't had  chance to use it yet but I have downloaded the app and I'm looking forward to trying it next time I'm trying to find a cab on a rainy day.
 

Jennifer Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment